Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fluffy Fry Bread

Mix together:

1 cup flour (I used oat flour this time)
1/2 tsp. safe baking powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt

Add:

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk, milk substitute or water
1 to 2 tsp. maple syrup or other sweetener (optional)

Mix just until moistened.

Drop by spoonfuls and fry in hot oil until lightly browned, turning to cook both sides.

You can substitute other types of flour, but may need to adjust the amount of liquid depending on how absorbent your flour is. It should be slightly thicker than pancake batter.


2 comments:

Cami said...

Hain Foods has a great baking powder I use with my cooking and don't seem to react to. They have potato starch instead of corn starch, so if you can do potato, it might be a good alternative.

purple_kangaroo said...

Thanks, Cami . . . I haven't figured out yet if potato starch is a problem for me, so have mostly been using baking soda plus an acid in things.